Interactive map: Open
Population map close up. (Source: JRC
This earthquake is expected to have a low humanitarian impact based on the magnitude and the affected population and their vulnerability.
Updated: this report is based on episode 1.
- Earthquake Magnitude 6.3M, Depth:12.3km
- on 02 Apr 2012 17:36 UTC
- 810000 people within 100km
- inserted at 02 Apr 2012 17:55:25
- Magnitude: 6.3 M
- Depth: 12.3 km (shallow)
- Area affected by light damage (estimated radius): 54 km (MMI VI)
- Source: NEIC usc0008ui2
- Location (latitude/longitude): 16.4769, -98.2867
- Time (UTC): 02 Apr 2012 17:36:43
- Time (ECT): 02 Apr 2012 19:36:43
Earthquake impact details
The earthquake happened in Mexico
Population near epicenter
||3.3 million people
||2.8 million people
Affected Populated PlacesSee complete report
Airports, ports, nuclear plants and hydrodams at risk, if affected, are listed below.
Event time line
For accessing reports of previous advisories, please click on the advisory number in the table below.
For a full list of available products related to this event, please refer to the GDACS Resources page.
About the data
While we try everything to ensure accuracy, this information is purely indicative and should not be used for any decision making without alternate sources of information. The JRC is not responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of the information presented on this website.