Interactive map: Open
Population map close up. (Source: JRC
This earthquake is expected to have a low humanitarian impact based on the magnitude and the affected population and their vulnerability.
Updated: this report is based on episode 1.
- Earthquake Magnitude 6.6M, Depth:16km
- on 21 Apr 2012 01:16 UTC
- 160000 people within 100km
- inserted at 21 Apr 2012 04:40:43
- Magnitude: 6.6 M
- Depth: 16 km (shallow)
- Area affected by light damage (estimated radius): 68 km (MMI VI)
- Source: NEIC usc00098nl
- Location (latitude/longitude): -1.6032, 134.274
- Time (UTC): 21 Apr 2012 01:16:52
- Time (ECT): 21 Apr 2012 03:16:52
Earthquake impact details
The earthquake happened in Indonesia
The maximum altitude nearby is 2939m
Population near epicenter
||1.7 million people
Affected Populated Places
Airports, ports, nuclear plants and hydrodams at risk, if affected, are listed below.
Event time line
For accessing reports of previous advisories, please click on the advisory number in the table below.
For a full list of available products related to this event, please refer to the GDACS Resources page.
About the data
While we try everything to ensure accuracy, this information is purely indicative and should not be used for any decision making without alternate sources of information. The JRC is not responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of the information presented on this website.