﻿<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><rss xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><channel><totalitems>315</totalitems><casualities>1</casualities><lasthour>0</lasthour><title>GDACS EMM News Feed</title><description>
                                                        Europe Media Monitor (EMM) reads and analyses around 40.000 new news items per day from around 1000 sites worldwide. The text of the items, extracted using EMM's own text extraction algorithm, is indexed using Lucene (see http://lucene.apache.org). Please make sure your area of interest is not already covered by one of the pre-defined categories (alerts). If it is, we kindly ask you to use the feed from that category as this significantly reduces the load on our system. This site is a joint project of DG-JRC and DG-COMM. The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer (see http://europa.eu/geninfo/legal_notices_en.htm). Please acknowledge EMM when (re)using this material
                                                    </description><item><title>Fukushima operator faces $5 bn US suit over 2011 disaster</title><link>https://citizen.co.za/news/news-world/1625775/japan-us-nuclear-fukushima-court/</link><description>A total of 157 US residents who were supporting Fukushima victims at the time filed the class action suit in a California district court earlier this month against the utility known as Tepco and a US company. A massive tsunami triggered by a 9.0-magnitude earthquake smashed into Tepco’s Fukushima....</description><pubDate>Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:49:00 +0200</pubDate><guid>citizen-c9c1125a76b50ec186644419bde3d7f2</guid><sortelement xmlns="emm">20170824144900</sortelement></item><item><title>Macau observatory chief resigns as government slammed for response to deadly typhoon</title><link>http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/2108164/macau-observatory-chief-resigns-government-slammed</link><description>Macau’s weather forecasting chief has resigned amid growing criticism against the government’s poor response to the deadly typhoon on Wednesday, where eight people were killed and more than 200 injured in the city. The city’s chief executive, Fernando Chui Sai-on, apologised and announced the....</description><pubDate>Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:48:00 +0200</pubDate><guid>scmp-aebcbb57db4ee05dcd6dbd6f63636522</guid><sortelement xmlns="emm">20170824144800</sortelement></item><item><title>Fukushima operator faces $5 bn US suit over 2011 disaster</title><link>https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/36830983/fukushima-operator-faces-5-bn-us-suit-over-2011-disaster/</link><description>Tokyo (AFP) - Tokyo Electric Power Co Holdings said Thursday it faces another US lawsuit over the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster, with the latest one demanding at least $5 billion in compensation. A total of 157 US residents who were supporting Fukushima victims at the time filed the class action....</description><pubDate>Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:40:00 +0200</pubDate><guid>yahoo-au-fa037f1e34e8771ffaddf989a95f31d5</guid><sortelement xmlns="emm">20170824144000</sortelement></item><item><title>Fukushima operator faces $5 bn US suit over 2011 disaster</title><link>https://en.diariodelweb.it/english/article/?nid=20170824_441945</link><description>Tokyo Electric Power Co Holdings said Thursday it faces another US lawsuit over the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster, with the latest one demanding at least $5 billion in compensation. A total of 157 US residents who were supporting Fukushima victims at the time filed the class action suit in a....</description><pubDate>Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:38:00 +0200</pubDate><guid>diariodelweb-8e2c0bcc629753ab28902f42bf4093e7</guid><sortelement xmlns="emm">20170824143800</sortelement></item></channel></rss>